Thursday, August 17, 2006

Portofino, Italy

I loved Portofino. I had the whole day to discover it on my own. I fell quickly under its spell and remember it as one of my favorite ports of the whole trip. Not only is it beautiful, but somehow it has managed to remain unspoiled from the tourists and jet setters who frequent it. Here is the travelogue email I sent home from Portofino.

Okay. This is one of the most beautiful places on the planet. It's out of control. It's GORGEOUS! Portofino is one of those places where you don't bother to put your camera away because there are picturesque scenes and breathtaking views literally around every corner. As many of you know I do not enjoy heights, but I couldn't resist climbing all the way up to Castello Brown because the vistas just got more and more beautiful the higher you climbed. As you can see we had perfect weather for our day there, too. Portofino is well known for the glitterati who frequent the exclusive port and the day we were there Kathy Lee and Frank Gifford were spotted out and about although I did not see them. Not exactly Bogey and Bacall, but I suppose they'll do in a pinch. The pictures are: a shot of Portofino from the tender dock, a shot of the harbor on the walk up to San Giorgio, the church of San Giorgio, a bird's eye view of the port from Castello Brown, Castello Brown itself and one last shot of the brightly painted buildings lining the harbor. Enjoy!
--M






Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home