Thursday, July 27, 2006

What's in a name?

So today I joined the world of blogging. Me and millions of others I discovered in my attempt to name this blog. Nearly every name I typed into the blogger search engine was taken. So much for original thought or point of view. I agonized for days over just the right word or phrase. Something that would define me and my point of view. Something that would encompass the many facets of my unique and complicated personality. Something that was sophisticated yet fun. Something that would give me license to blog about a wide range of subjects. I was at a loss. In my depression I lamented to my therapist that perhaps I couldn't think of a name for my blog because I was lost; in the midst of an identity crisis not knowing who I was or where I was going.

It just so happened today that my mother was in the city having her hair done. We met for dinner at EJ's Luncheonette on Amsterdam and 81st after my therapy appointment. I began to tell her of the quandary that has troubled me for well over a week now. I described exactly what I wanted the name of this blog to convey, exactly the write combination of sophistication and wit, something specific yet broad at the same time.

"Manhattan Chowder" she spits out between bites of her salad.

THAT'S IT!

After dinner I ran home and typed it into the search engine and lo and behold, it was a available. So here we are. Post No. 1. Thanks Mom.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 10:55 PM, Blogger LLA said...

Your mom sounds like a wise woman!

and welcome to the blogsphere....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home