Saturday, August 30, 2008

City Snapshot: The National Gallery of Art

One of my favorite museums in Washington is the National Gallery of Art. I spent the morning there taking advantage of one of my last days of freedom before school starts on Tuesday and my life is taken over by my rigorous class schedule. I even took a tour, a kind of introduction to the Gallery examining the trends in Western Art from medieval religious art to the 19th Century. Mostly stuff I already knew, but it's always fun to hear what the guides have to say. I treated myself to a hot dog and a mocha frappucino on the mall before heading home all the while wishing Scott were here to share the day. I miss him.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 3:59 PM, Blogger Todd HellsKitchen said...

Those Washington Museums are amazing. And they are all free! Love that part...

I'm a fan of the Portrait gallery and try to go every chance I'm in DC...

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Joey P said...

Love D.C. Love the Portrait gallery.

Good luck with classes!

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Diane said...

Have to agree with Todd -- the portrait gallery is fantastic. I think you would especially love it Michael. I'm so glad you're enjoying it down there, even though you miss Scott!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home