Thursday, June 12, 2008

Annual Pride Challenge

Every year Kelly Stern of Rambling Along in Life with a Stern Point of View poses his annual Pride Challenge during the month of June. He posts an image of Gay Pride and challenges as many other bloggers as possible to post it on their blogs. The viral spreading of the image across the internet is a symbol of solidarity among gay bloggers (and some straight ones, too.) This year's image was taken by Kelly himself of the Pride flag he and his partner display outside their Virginia home. Pretty cool, isn't it?

This year Kelly has asked bloggers to include their coming out story with the picture. I don't have any earth shattering coming out story though. Majoring in theatre in college made it easy to be gay right from the onset of my adult life. I finally came out to my parents after graduation when I moved back home though. I had a wonderful relationship with my parents and I hated lying about who I was to them. To me coming out meant not lying to people I love. And I knew my parents being who they are would never stop loving me for it. I know I am truly blessed for this. There are way too many gay men and women who cannot say the same thing.

Visit Kelly's blog for a list of other bloggers participating in the Pride challenge and, as always, lots of hunky pictures of Kelly frolicking shirtless in his hot tub. Happy Pride, everyone!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 11:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for posting the picture and thanks for the hunky comments (it is all about camera angle...I hid chins and fat rolls like nobody)... seriously though, thank you and I hope you have a great Pride Month!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home