Monday, March 10, 2008

Finally--Some Good News


Longtime readers of my blog will remember that I made an unsuccessful bid for graduate school last year to get my MFA in Acting. In retrospect I did not research or apply for the right programs. Instead, I opted for programs that were close to home, figuring it didn't matter where I got my masters, as long as I got one. This plan ended up backfiring on me and I was forced to come up with a Plan B. That Plan B has come to fruition. Yes, dear readers, I have been keeping a secret from you. Since December I have been busily filing applications, working with my acting coach and quietly attending auditions for grad school. Finally, I am pleased to announce I have been accepted into two fine MFA Acting programs with another possible offer in the works from a third school.

These offers came all while the drama of my unpleasant work situation was playing out, and indeed, it was hard to let myself truly experience the joy of achieving my goal of graduate school. But now that it is in the past, the letters of complaint have been sent and it is up to the powers that be to rectify (or not ) the situation, I am able to concentrate on my wealth of graduate school choices at hand. I will post more specific information once I have it. Stay tuned.

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 10:01 PM, Blogger LSL said...

That is GREAT news! Congratulations. I can't wait to hear the details.

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Diane said...

Yay!!! I've been refreshing like mad waiting for you to post about this! Hurray! I am so happy for you and as usual, incredibly proud.

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations! Actually my Plan B was really the right choice - fortunately the powers that be stepped in and made the choice for me. Bravo and good for you!

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Gavin said...

Excellent. This is great news! :)

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Drew said...

Congratulations man and welcome to the realm of the graduate student. It was my Plan B that worked out best for me too. More money, more travel opportunities, etc. Sometimes you just have to learn from your mistakes and then things really pay off.

Very, very sorry about the work situation you posted about. It's completely ridiculous. You handled it so much better than I would have.

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger Matt said...

Hooray!!! I can't wait to hear the details, either.

As my Dad used to say, you done good.

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Fantastic news... Congratulations! I can't wait to hear where you end up. :)

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger Bigezbear said...

Way to go, Mike. Now who gets to pick and choose? Congratulations.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Donnie said...

Woo Hoo!! Congratulations, Michael! *big hug* It's great to read when good things happen to friends.

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger TCho said...

Yay!

Top 12 Idol is here too! :-)

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh that this great news! I am anxiously awaiting more details. Like where and when etc. Good for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home