Friday, February 08, 2008

Weekly Photo Challenge: Hazard

A Train

This is my first entry in Glenn and Dave's weekly photo challenge. The theme was "Hazard". I chose this photo for the many hazards in it, not the least of which is that this happens to be the 125th Street Subway Station.

57th Street Newstand

Because I'm a Libra and can't make a decision, I also decided to include this photo. You'll notice that cigarettes in New York are not only hazardous to your health, but to your pocketbook as well.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Thanks for playing!

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Bigezbear said...

Awright, the fool is way too close to that track!

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger d said...

whenever i'm at a subway station and i see the train approaching i have a momentary urge to jump in front of it. just to see what would happen.

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Gavin said...

Mind the gap!

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Bud said...

Very nice. Reminds me of the BART stations when I was living in SF. I always got a little freaked out that someone was going to jump out in front of a train.

 
At 3:39 AM, Blogger FireHorse said...

When I lived in NYC in the early 90s and smoked, I'm sure cigarettes were only about $2 a packet. In Australia, ciggies are far more expensive. Over $10 a pack.

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Todd HellsKitchen said...

I'm humored when I see someone try to bum a cigarette off of someone on the street... I'm thinking... that's like bumming $2 a piece!! Wow. Glad I never smoked!

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger candy sue said...

Hey Michael,
I'm in NYC too, and I totally was looking for a "Danger: 3rd Rail" sign. Do they even have those anymore? I like ur pics!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home