Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Laissez Les Bontemps Roulez

Three hours left to party at Mardi Gras! Above is a photo I borrowed from Glenn (Bigezbear). This is the corner St. Anne and Bourbon Street, the gayest corner in the Quarter. Note the two teared Bourbon Street Pub, a famous gay bar that is busy year round and open 24 hours a day.

The very first drink I had there in 1995 was a Mai Tai (don't ask). I had been in New Orleans only a few hours at that point. Shortly after my drink was served someone threw up on me. And thus I was christened in the "bontemps" of New Orleans.

If you get a chance, check out Glenn's fabulous gallery of Mardi Gras photos. He captures every aspect of it from the sublime to the ridiculous with the true affection of one of NOLA' s native born sons.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger Bigezbear said...

Wow, thanks, Mike.

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Donnie said...

That's a great pic, and a great link to some wonderful photos...thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home