Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Tranny Tuesday

Left with an unexpected night to myself, I ventured out to check the movie times at Lowe's 84th Street. Having missed the time for the only film I was interested in seeing, I wandered across the street to the Barnes and Noble. I stumbled upon a book signing, reading and talk in progress upstairs. An author named Cris Beam has written a wonderfully touching and funny memoir called Transparent about teaching and mentoring a group of transgendered teenagers. She was a delight. Her audience was mostly neighborhood folk, the type who turn out for almost every discussion and book signing they have there. A Lesbian writer discussing transgendered teens to a bunch of very well-read Jewish senior citizens. Only in New York.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:26 AM, Blogger kevin said...

Hi Michael
I just love Barnes and Noble. I really wanted to bring one back from NY with me!

I hope any remnants of the 'small' over New York have now gone and that the mild weather is just a bit cooler.

Kev in NZ

 
At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi may name is monkeypox(I cannot use my real name as my lover watches this board). Recently she has had this itching problem, and I think I am to blame. Should I fess up, or let her continue to itch. Its kinda sexy.

Regards

Monkeypox

 

Post a Comment

<< Home