Monday, January 08, 2007

Don't Panic

This morning I awoke to news reports of a gaseous odor permeating New York City from the Battery to Midtown and as far west as downtown Jersey City. The source of the leak, as yet still unknown, seems to be centered around Bleecker Street at 6th Avenue.

According to the Mayor's office, air samples around the city are completely safe and Con Edison shows no drop in pressure in their gas lines or tanks. The odor is said not to be that of natural gas, as it is odorless, but rather the gas added to natural gas so that people can smell it in an emergency. As far north as Scott's apartment at 123 St we smelled nothing, and as I made my way down to the West 80s where I live, I still smelled nothing.

For more on the story, click here.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 4:42 PM, Blogger judy said...

Okay, I can't let this opportunity go by. This morning while listening to Mayor Bloomberg attempt to keep the NYC population calm, he made my favorite quote:
"We'll just have to wait for the gas to pass." It appears that NYC has now passed its gas, and we're all rather relieved...though we still don't know the cause. Hmmm, cabbage, cauliflower?

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Michael said...

LOL, yes, I caught that on the playback of the press conference later on today. Hilarious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home