Thursday, December 28, 2006

Everyone's a Critic

File this one under "only in New York." While waiting for the number 1 train today I saw this ad for the Art Institute of New York City , pictured below. Although I believe the main focus of AI is The New York Restaurant School, they also offer some programs in art and technical design. This however did not stop an opinionated strap-hanger from scrawling his artistic criticism of the ad across it in magic marker. (Pictured in the second photo below.) In case you can't make it out, it says "This is an art school and this ad sucks. Agree?"

Though not the most eloquent critique I've ever read, I must admit, that yes, I do indeed agree with our unknown strap-hanging critic. The ad does suck.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like Chinese agit-prop to me.

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Dave said...

I disagree. With the marker guy, not with Glenn.

 
At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just for the record, Dave knows better than to ever disagree with me.

 
At 2:15 AM, Blogger kevin said...

Michael
Wishing you a very happy and successful 2007.

Dont drink too much tonight.

Kevin in NZ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home