Wednesday, January 09, 2008

No Duh...

Well, surprise, surprise! Mike Bloomberg FINALLY admits he is considering a run for president as an independent candidate. It seems a West Side stadium, a bid for the Olympics and congestion pricing were not boondoggles enough to chase in one administration, but now we will be subjected to another billionaire who fancies himself presidential material. He has lied repeatedly for months about his presidential aspirations while quietly collecting poll data in all 50 states. (One wonders why this is the only blatant lie politicians are allowed to get away with, but I digress.) The final announcement as to whether the mayor will sh*t or get off the pot will be made once all the polling data is complete. I can hardly wait.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Bloomberg is a bad mayor. I just wish he would be happy with the legacy he's carved out for himself: The Nanny State Mayor. No trans-fats for me, Mike!

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 6:56 PM, Blogger Gavin said...

If another Republican winds up in the White House because this guy needs an ego boost, I'm gonna scream!

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Michael said...

You and me both, Gavin--but I'm hoping he'll take more votes away from the Republican candidate than the Democratic one.

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wasn't he a democrat before he was a republican before he was an independent?

Really, I'm just asking.
---
http://mikesays.wordpress.com

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Michael said...

You are correct, Mike!

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger Matt said...

Love the last line. Is New York foie-gras-forbidden like Chicago?

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Michael said...

Matt, the Bloomberg administration has made it illegal for restaurants to serve foods that contain or are prepared with trans-fats. Apparently New Yorkers cannot be trusted to make their own food choices.

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger ZenDenizen said...

I love any post which uses the word boondoggle.

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger TCho said...

I'm with you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home