Thursday, January 25, 2007

Don't Tell Mama--I'm for Obama

During my travels on the New York City subway system over the last week or so, I have noticed that here in Hillary country one of the most popular books being read by straphangers is Barack Obama's The Audacity of Hope.

On further examination and in the informal poll being tallied in my head, it is more often than not being read by young men ages 28 to 35. If I may take my observation one step further, they all happen to be, without exception, adorably cute young men as well. Seriously--I've seen one like every day this week. You know the type--you're not quite sure if he's a bookish gay guy or just a really cool, sensitive straight guy. The tousled hair, the earnest expression, perhaps wearing glasses but certainly the type who has no idea how cute he is or that he is made all the more attractive by his idealistic liberal politics. *sigh*

Anyway, it has led me to the conclusion that The Audacity of Hope must be number one on the Adorably-Cute-Guy Best Seller List. I wonder if they have a book club.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 1:56 PM, Blogger Joshua said...

O I do know and love that look!

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Donnie said...

Wow Michael, you hit upon something there. You should start the "Gay Oprah Book Club". :D

 
At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Something happened while I was last trying to post.
Anyway, I said that I've seen those same "cute" guys buying the book at the store.
I was thinking about purchasing the book myself--to read and become enlightened. But I don't think I'll pull off the whole look. I think I'll just look like medical student trying to look well-rounded.

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Spider said...

He IS a good looking man...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home