Friday, October 20, 2006

Sinusitis


The posts may be a little slow in coming for a few days. I've been completely knocked on my ass by acute sinusitis:


An inflammation of the sinuses (hollow spaces in the bone of the cheeks and forehead) due to infection. Common symptoms of sinusitis include pain in the face, colored (not white or clear) secretions from the nose, and headache.






After 5 miserable days I called my doctor who called in some antibiotics for me. No office visit was necessary. He trusts that I know the symptoms well enough by now because I've had it often enough. I even had surgery a few years ago to cut down on the infections, but occasionally one slips through. I had an ethmoidectomy. Anyway, here's a picture of it which I thought was pretty disturbing. Enjoy!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:45 PM, Blogger judy said...

Wow, that is really scary! I do hope they've removed the weapon from your head, and you're feeling better soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home