Saturday, October 14, 2006

Joie de Vivre

At last. My final travelogue email which my sister Diane described as "the season finale". Here it is:

One last note now that I'm back in New York. First, thank you all for indulging me by reading my little travelogues. I hope you enjoyed them. I had a lot of fun writing them. The positive feedback was very encouraging and gave me incentive to continue documenting my trip.

The job offer on the Seven Seas Voyager was such short notice I wasn't sure I wanted to take it. It meant scrambling to get my passport and things at home in order in just a couple of days. It meant rushed rehearsal time and pressure to learn the shows quickly. Add to that the unknown factors of who I'd be working with and all the foreign travel and I was afraid the stress of everything might outweigh the benefits of going.

While mulling over the decision, a wise woman told me "don't let fear make your decisions." I couldn't think of a good argument against that so I took the job and don't regret it at all. I leave you with one last image. It's a painting I saw at the Picasso museum in Malaga. It's called Joie de Vivre. It spoke to me instantly and reminded me to always seek the Joy of Life. I hope maybe it will for you, too.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home