Friday, November 20, 2009

I Need a Little Christmas

I won't lie. The last couple of months being back in New York have been a big adjustment. After such an incredible year at school it was bound to be a let down getting back to the city grind. I miss the friends I made and the constant creative stimuli. On top of that, I had to finish up my final paper (which is done!) and I'm still living in a temporary housing situation. The reason? Because the tenant I chose with such care last year to rent out my apartment while I was at school won't get out! I won't go into all the details, but it has been a constant source of frustration and anxiety the last six weeks. So, when my friend Jimmy suggested I join him to attend the Unicef Snowflake Lighting at 57th and 5th Avenue, I jumped at the chance. Somehow the beauty of 5th Avenue as the holidays approach never fails to lift my spirits.

As these holiday lightings go, the Snowflake is a bit of a dog and pony show. It's short and sweet; a kids' choir singing some holiday tunes, some remarks from the Unicef mucky-mucks and a beautiful celebrity like Unicef Ambasador Lucy Liu to flip the switch. Et Voila! Merry Christmas! Just what I needed. But the best part was probably going out for burgers afterwards with Jimmy who loves a good greasy spoon diner as much as I do. Bacon cheeseburger deluxe, please. Ah, La Parisienne Diner--c'est magnifique!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 7:02 PM, Blogger judy said...

Ahh, sounds perfect: snowflakes and heartburn...who could ask for anything more?

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger LSL said...

I'm glad you got a little bit of Christmas with your friend, and I hope the tenant situation gets sorted out fast!

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Stephen said...

Nice blog, interesting opinions, great photos & sexy guy.
Best wishes from Portland.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home