Monday, May 05, 2008

We The People

I don't know why I've been singing this lately. Maybe it's because it came up on a trivia quiz show recently, or because I just watched the entire John Adams mini-series on HBO or because our Constitution has been in such peril since Bush and his cronies took office, but thanks to School House Rock I have the entire preamble to the U.S. Constitution memorized. Indeed, these little Saturday morning cartoons have gotten me through many tests in school and won me thousands of imaginary dollars on Jeopardy while playing along at home. The tunes are catchy and facts accurate, and just try humming a few bars of any of these old songs in a room of Gen Xers and watch them all break into song with you. Which was your favorite? Enjoy the video.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Blogger Andy Rosenberg said...

Try this on fer size!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEJL2Uuv-oQ

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Gavin said...

I wrote "I'm just a bill...", and then I checked andy's link above to make sure I didn't duplicate. So I guess it's two votes for that one.

Isn't the voice over done by the trumpet player on the old Merv Griffin show?

Since my first choice was taken, here's my close second:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP4N27kbMdk

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger LSL said...

Oh, man. This is awesome. I just adore these. I actually have them all on DVD - I bought it thinking I could show my little Japanese cutie pies while overseas. I put it on one day . . . they didn't really care :) I guess the graphics don't really compare to what the kids have now. This was fun!

Also - I just watched the John Adams mini series as well (actually, one more to go). I loved it. Great acting and I learned a lot.

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Steven said...

I so know what you're talking about. Just the mention of this post has me humming that song. I liked the "Noun" skit...."A noun is a person, place or thing."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home