Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Onboard the Acela


Jotted in a notebook on board the Acela train from New York to Washington, Tuesday morning, April 1:

The Acela train from New York to Washington is a wonder: 2 hours and 35 minutes from the heart of the big apple to Union Station in DC. I left before dawn for an investigative trip to the city that will be my home for a year come August.

The train is sleek, fast and quiet--at least inside anyway. As the dawn breaks over gritty, industrial New Jersey, a mix of apprehension and excitement. We whiz by houses along the way and I wonder if my trip is waking them up the way it is me. I can't rest.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Blogger judy said...

We wish you Godspeed and good fortune as you make that giant leap toward fulfilling your dreams. All aboard....

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Jeff said...

I love travelling by train, and I second Judy's good wishes.

Cheers!

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Flaming Curmudgeon said...

How swell to be zipping through the morning in a big, shiny, gleaming metal phallus toward your happy and fulfilling future. Wait, I should be jealous!

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I LOVED this train - I took it down to Baltimore for a conference - a very civilized, albeit expensive way to travel. I will take it to come see your theater debut in DC.

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger TCho said...

I wish I could take the Acela to work. And my office is only 10 blocks from my apartment. Lol

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Donnie said...

I would love to take the Acela. I hear they're a great way to travel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home