Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Paint Chips

You think you have problems deciding what color to paint the living room? Well, New York's Landmarks Preservation Committee has an even bigger quandary on their hands: What color to paint the Guggenheim Museum. Paint it white, right, hasn't it always been white? Well, not quite--more of an off-white, a shade called London Fog.
Which looks something like this:









But famed architect of the Guggenheim, Frank Lloyd Wright ,never approved of this color and in fact had another color in mind entirely: A shade called Powell Buff.
Which looks something like this:









So, the question is, do they leave the Guggenheim the way people have come to know and love it or do they honor the architect's original artistic vision? Which would you choose?

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, Blogger Scott in Iowa said...

Well, the Frank Lloyd Wright loving side of me says paint it Powell Buff to honor his wishes for it's original design.

The shallow gay side of me says paint it Powell Buff. Anything called "Buff" must be hot!

hehehe. I guess paint it Powell Buff.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Matt said...

Honor the architect's original design. Powell Buff it is.

And I like Scott's comment.

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger David said...

I say di it contrasting stripes, get them both then.

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger judy said...

Is someone going to say that Frank Lloyd Wright didn't know what he was talking about? Not me. I vote for Powell Buff. In three weeks people will think it was always that color.

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Scott in Iowa said...

Haha. Judy is sooo right! "in three weeks people will think it was always that color."

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Donnie said...

Well, even though I love FLW, I have to say that since he died before it opened (and they tweaked his original designs), then I guess they can paint it whatever why want. Am I bitter?? Never! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home