Thursday, September 27, 2007

Representin'

Cable stations such as Bravo, HGTV, and the Food Network seem to do a much better job representing competent professional gay men on their reality shows and regular programming than the mainstream networks do. (I've written about this before.) This season's Top chef on Bravo is no different. Among the three finalists in the competition is Dale (no last name given), a 34 year old gay man and Chicago resident. Dale is a self-taught chef and has a background in competitive diving and gymnastics. Dale's appearance on the show has been refreshinly drama-free as week after week he quietly and competently displays his considerable culinary skills.

This week Dale outshone the other chefs by preparing a dish which was to include Elk meat. The dish was served to a group of Colorado cowboys and rated the best. A gay man who knows what cowboys like--imagine that! I'll be rooting for Dale in the finals!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 11:57 AM, Blogger Gavin said...

I liked that edited in Dale's comments about having slept with a few cowboys. I'm still rooting for Casey!

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Donnie said...

Dale is quite the cutie, though I wish he'd cut his "fauxhawk". I might just have to watch the finale to see how he does (though I confess I've never seen an episode of Top Chef).

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Rick Rockhill said...

yes, I have seen him also, he does good work. I actually tried one of his recipes too

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Wayne said...

Dale?! Dale is cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home