Sunday, September 09, 2007

City Snapshot: The Hilton Theatre


At the Hilton Theatre where Young Frankenstein is set to open this Fall, both the interior and exterior of the building are busily undergoing transformation in preparation for what is sure to be a big hit this Broadway season. One of the back doors that faces West 43rd Street is decorated as a Brains Depository in a clever nod to the show's off-beat comedic style.
A very dear friend of mine is working as the associate conductor for Young Frankenstein and tells me that the show has just enjoyed a very successful out of town try-out in Seattle. I just hope the Hilton Theatre doesn't compromise the show's success here in New York as it is one of the largest theatres on Broadway and often hard to fill cutting short the run of many shows that have played there in the past.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger teahouse said...

Hahahaha..that's awesome. I'll have to walk by sometime.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Donnie said...

I absolutely LOVE the movie Young Frankenstein! I'd love to see the musical.

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Rick Rockhill said...

oh that's hysterical. YF was such a terrific movie. I'll have to go see this...

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Matt said...

Scott and I saw it here in Seattle just before it closed. It is BRILLIANT!!! I seriously was laughing for the entire time until my stomach hurt. It's a must for anyone who loves the movie. The audiences here went wild for it!

One of the best songs: "Yes - He Vas My Boyfriend".

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger BigAssBelle said...

i love those doors!! that's just what i'm looking for to change out the door to my bathroom. sigh. always in new york, the good stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home