Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I'm It!


No, I'm not referring to Valerie Cherish's fictitious one-time television hit "I'm It." (Pictured Left) I've been tagged for my first meme! (One question though, is it pronounced with a long "e" as in "mean" or is it the French word "même" meaning same, which seems to make sense since it's a set of questions that are the same for everyone? Just asking.)

I've been tagged by Vinnie G of Bitter Cup of Joe and Green is the New Black so that makes me "it." Goody. The rules are relatively simple and were reported to me thusly:


* Post a similar post like this one and add a link back to the person who tagged you.
* List down 5 reasons why you blog about the things you blog on your blog.
* Choose your 5 tag ‘victim’ and tag them nicely :)
* Write a comment on their blog letting them know that you tagged them. Voila!
Funny, my answers could be the same as Vinnie's (except for the part about caring if there's clean air and water in a 100 years. Not that I don't care about that! I mean, come on, who doesn't? But that's not why I blog.) Okay, so on with my answers.

Five reasons why I blog about the things on my blog:

5. To reflect the many complex and fascinating facets of my personality.
Kidding!
Well, not really--everything I blog about is a subject I'm interested in or feel passionate about. Otherwise, why bother?

4. Life in New York is unique. (Quick, say "Unique New York" 10 times fast!) I try to reflect that perspective in my posts whether it's no-nonsense opinions or talking about theatre or just posting pictures of city landmarks I love. It's life in the big city. Like my byline says.

3. It's a great place to channel my creative energy and it keeps me off the streets.

2. I have opinions about absolutely everything from who should be the next American Idol to who should be the next president. Blogging gives me a forum to post those opinions and hopefully takes the heat off my friends and family from having to listen to them unsolicited ad nauseum.

1. Finally, I blog, therefore I am.

Okay, so for this meme, I tag the following:

Matt at Matterdays
JP at Life is Such A Sweet Insanity
Gavin at Why Oh Why
Rick at Palm Springs Savant
David at David's Daily Dramas
Go to it, boys!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger The Flaming Curmudgeon said...

This confuses the heck out of me.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger The Flaming Curmudgeon said...

Wait, I get it, it's like a cyber chain letter with privileges...

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger David said...

Thankyou for tagging me, I have completed afore mentioned meme.

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Diane said...

Good idea (the meme concept). I loved Valerie Cherish! Too bad that show didn't last...

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Rick Rockhill said...

OK...so I finally got around to posting my meme back for ya. Thanks for thinking of me!

Rick

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger TCho said...

Lately I've been thinking of taking down my blog just for lack of time. But I always feel good after finishing a post--short or long--so as long as that continues, I'll continue to have my blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home