Monday, May 14, 2007

Mommy's Boy


Sunday I was one of the good boys not at the Eagle. Instead I spent the day with my mom and hosted a Mother's Day brunch along with my sister at her place in Asbury Park. Following our mother's example, we prepared a menu of much too much food which included:

Mimosas
Fresh Fruit Salad
A Selection of fresh Bagels, lox and cream cheeses (both plain and vegetable)
Prosciutto and Melon
Bruschetta

Banana Walnut French Toast
Tomato, Basil and Feta Frittata
Grilled Rosemary Chicken on a bed of mixed field greens with a lemon vinaigrette

Lemon Poppyseed Cake with fresh Strawberries
Chocolate Covered Strawberries.

Nothing makes my mother happier than seeing her children eat heartily. Oh yeah, I did the flowers, too.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At 12:00 AM, Blogger Donnie said...

Awww....what a good son you are! The menu and photo look divine. I've gained a pound just reading the menu.

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger kevin said...

Now that's a beautifully set table. You sound like you might be a good cook.

I hope you are having a great week over there in New York City.

Kev in NZ

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger KipEsquire said...

But you went to Eagle last night, right? ;-)

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Gavin said...

Peonies, and lilacs, and hydrangeas, oh my!

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Matt said...

As always, sounds like a perfect menu. Can I come to dinner some time?

The flower arrangement is beautiful. My birthday is October 22. :)

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Michael said...

OMG Matt, Mine is Oct. 21! We're practically twins!

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Diane said...

I'm so sorry I missed it! Damn, that french toast sounds particularly amazing... I'm glad mommy got a proper fete. The only thing she likes more than seeing her kids eat heartily, is seeing a beautiful "presentation" by her own kids. As usual, you guys more than met the challenge.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Ming the Merciless said...

You are such a good son!! May the Holy Mother of Barbra Streisand bless you with lots of good loving in the future. :-)

P.S.: Who's baldy by the window? Did you forget your toupee again?

Just kidding, luv ya! XOXO

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Michael said...

ming--that's my brother-in-law!

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger heathandpete said...

It is really amazing that none of you are fat ;) - H

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger Todd HellsKitchen said...

Good boy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home