Sunday, April 08, 2007

Cookie Mania


Well, it's April and Easter has made its appearance. Despite the unseasonable cold, the daffodils are blooming on the hillside in Riverside Park and according to the old song this month's showers will bring May flowers. But before we get to May there is still plenty of time to partake in one of April's most beloved traditions: Girl Scout Cookies!

Living in New York City I don't exactly get uniformed members of the Girls Scout organization ringing my bell. You'd think that the buying and selling of Girl Scout cookies is something that is restricted to the suburbs. But like many things in New York, it's just a matter of knowing where to look and all the Girl Scout Cookies you want can be yours. But hurry before the nanny state decides that little girls shouldn't be selling cookies what with the childhood obesity epidemic and all.

If you live in any of the five boroughs of New York City, you can visit one of five Cookie Cupboards and stock up on the delicious Girl Scout confections. You don't have to even know an actual Girl Scout. Click here for locations and hours. If you don't live in the Big Apple, fear not. You can click here and enter your zip code to find to find your nearest Girl Scout cookie selling Council.

So what are your favorites? Trefoils? Thin Mints? Do Si Dos? Somoas? Tagalongs? Cartwheels? or the new fangled Lemonades? Mine are Thin Mints--especially if they've been in the freezer for a while. By the way, this is the last year the cookies will be made with those delicious trans fats. Enjoy them while you can!

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, Blogger Red Seven said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Red Seven said...

I always get a box of Thin Mints because it's, y'know, tradition. But secretly I prefer Tagalongs.

Not that I ... eat a lot of Girl Scout cookies. Or anything.

 
At 12:41 AM, Blogger TCho said...

Oh I love Samosas.

 
At 2:02 AM, Blogger KipEsquire said...

I have a coworker connection for my annual stash.

They not only conscript the girls, but their parents too. ;-)

(Do-si-dos for me!)

 
At 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl Scout Cookies rock! I still eat them even though I realized the calorie content information in per cookie rather than per box. Now I just skip the math.

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger BigAssBelle said...

you know, i really have pretty discerning tastes when it comes to food. but . . . well, there's really nothing quite like a thin mint. they're not safe in my vicinity.

thank goodness our girl scout door to door blitz has ceased. i'm safe (and the cookies too) for another year. thin mints . . . luscious.

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Gavin said...

Tagalongs for me! Although Trefoils and Lemonades won't last long around here.

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Helen the Felon said...

My ass just got bigger reading this post.

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Donnie said...

I don't eat GS cookies anymore, but when I was a "Fatty" is used to love thin mints straight out of the freezer and samosas.

I can't believe that Edy's sells Girls Scout flavored ice cream!
http://www.edys.com/brand/grand/flavorlisting.asp?b=134&le=1

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger tankmontreal said...

It's been years since a Girl Scout cookie has crossed my lips. Are they available around here anymore? I've no idea.
Trefoils? Carwheels? Do Si Dos? ...must be the backwoods up here - all we ever had was chocolate and vanilla. Either is a delight though, right out of the freezer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home