Monday, March 26, 2007

Some of My Best Friends Are Republicans

Apparently my post titled "Bush and Cheney are a Joke--literally" about the current ad campaign being used by Manhattan Mini-Storage has drawn the attention of a couple of right leaning blogs. Suddenly my readership has spiked in the last couple of days with links coming from MichelleMalkin.com , Kecher Talk, and Right Thoughts.

Malkin concludes that Manhattan Mini-Storage must be run by a bunch of "Bush Derangement Syndrome loons." That's a new one on me. Never heard that expression before. Interesting.

Kecher Talk calls the ads "weird" and says that I believe "the ad campaign is just great." With all due respect to Kecher Talk, I do not believe the ads are just great. In fact, I described them as "a sad sign of the times." Would that we had an administration that did not supply so much fodder to comedians and ad companies alike. Frankly, it's not funny any more. It's upsetting.

Finally, Right Thoughts supplies the most "fair and balanced" analysis of the ad campaign saying:

Call me crazy, but when the same person/company mocks Brokeback, Queer Eye, Bush and Cheney...it’s hard to claim they have Bush Derangement Syndrome. Seems to me they just like to be edgy and satirical with their ads.

Right Thoughts credits me for pointing out both sides of the political spectrum being skewered in the Manhattan Mini-storage ads but then goes on to call leftists "reactionary jerks." Sort of a back-handed compliment but oh, well. Anyway, I appreciate the attention.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Blogger KipEsquire said...

There is no such thing as bad blog traffic. ;-)

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Did they get your name/website right? That's really all that matters.

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy to share the traffic with you, Michael!

BDS is a common slang term in the right-of-center blogosphere.

 
At 12:31 AM, Blogger LSL said...

I definitely think it's a compliment. :)

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Donnie said...

Just look at it this way.....
"There's no such thing as bad publicity" -Unknown
and
"Every knock is a boost" -Elbert Hubbard

I'd be flattered for the increase in site traffic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home