Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Crisis Averted

You may have been wondering where I've been the last few days. I wish I could say somewhere warm (it was 18 degrees here today), but alas, no. I've spent the better part of the last three days on the phone with Dell tech support dealing with the death of my hard drive, its restoration, near death experience, emergency surgery, recovery and finally, the purchase of an external hard drive--something I should have done years ago. I wonder if any of this has anything to do with those cracks I made about Microsoft the other day.

Well, I won't bore you with the details. It has a happy ending in that I didn't end up losing anything, but it was quite a headache. Thanks to one very dedicated tech support guy somewhere in India who performed what might be the equivalent of bypass surgery on my computer, it survived.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Blogger Spider said...

Thank goodness all is saved - I feel like I need to send a card or flowers or bring a casserole or something...

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Tony said...

Mike ...thanks for stopping by my blog. Nice digs here. I enjoyed your post on TOO YOUNG. I so love New York. It's passed though my mind about going there for design work for a year or two.

Glad to hear you computer woes weren't able to beat you down.

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Donnie said...

You're very lucky to have evaded disaster. You've also extremely lucky to have had a good experience with foreign tech support. I've had nothing but bad experiences with foreign computer tech support.

I'm glad all is well now! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home