Friday, November 10, 2006

They're dropping like flies!


Well, well, well. What a week for the GOP. First they lose control of both the House and the Senate, then they send ol' Rumsfeld packing and now Chairman of the Republican National Committee, Ken Mehlman has announced that he will be "resigning". Dogged by rumors about his sexuality lately, Melhman (pictured left looking cozy with Jason Shepherd, chairman of the Georgia Federation of Young Republican Clubs--*shudder*) claims he made the decision to step down last summer.

"It is true," Mr. Mehlman told The Washington Times when asked about reports last night that he would resign. "It's something I decided over the summer. No one told me I needed to. In fact, folks wanted me to stay."
Right. I'm sure it has nothing to do with what a liability closeted Republicans have become to the party, OR that BlogActive's Mike Rogers has been digging up some dirt on Mr. Mehlman's past "friendships" OR that Bill Maher outed Mr. Mehlman on Larry King the other night (which CNN promptly censored for the West Coast broadcast).

And if you believe that you probably believe that Ted Haggard threw away that meth he bought.

I know the posts have been pretty political lately, but I guess I'm still just basking in Tuesday's big Democratic victory. (Woo-hoo!!!)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, Blogger Man On The Street said...

Yes it is a funny situation. For the past few days I've been hearing Republicans saying, OK Dems, now Iraq is YOUR problem, leading me to conclude A) they're admitting that Iraq is a big problem and not the smooth operation they were making it out to be a month ago, and B) they have fogotten the chain of command of the government and the fact that Dubya is still the commander in chief (snicker) and thus still in charge. So eager are they to pass the buck on this one that they ignore protocol. Hilarious It's enough to make you think they lost it on purpose just to clear their names...

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Red Seven said...

I heard that Mehlman is resigning so that he can lead Rudy Giuliani's 2008 Presidential campaign. Not sure where I heard that, and maybe I made it up ...

If it's true, it's probably the safest place for a gay Republican to work!

 
At 3:14 AM, Blogger kevin said...

Michael,
Thankyou very much for your information on New York especially about the supershuttle and what to do there. It gives me a lot of things to think about. I am very excited about going despite the long amount of flying time!

Great to hear that you are still basking in the Democrats win. I think that the rest of the world shares your feelings.

Wishing you a great weekend and i look forward to reading the rest of your blog....

Cheers,
Kevin in New Zealand.

 
At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike, don't apologize for political postings. That's just one more thing that adds to what we are. I started out with a lot of political postings cause I thought that would attract readers and was what people wanted in a blog. Lately, I've just been writing about what's happening between my ears and behind my eyes - or lower and between my thighs [grin].

I'm altogether happier that way.

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger TrabantForums.com said...

Jason Shepherd is actually my brother and I know because of his wife that he's not gay.

But hey, its ok that there are those who feel the need to out others so they can feel secure in their own homosexuality.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home