Friday, November 17, 2006

Channingate Update


Okay, so I guess the old girl is losing it after all.

It appears Miss Carol Channing has released her own written statement via her publicist over the flap her recent interview with the Gay People's Chronicle created. You can tell ol' Carol is not all there because the statement doesn't make much sense. But I suppose one must give her credit where it's due for trying to save face with the gay community. From what I could discern between the lines her message seems to be a pretty positive one.

Here it is (via Modern Romantic):

I know that in an attempt to write the best article possible some things do get confused.

My life is my record. I have tried at all times to lift the lives of all peoples and have been rewarded many times over.

For the first time in my life it has been challenged because I believe the most important commandment ever given to human kind, as quoted in the Bible, to "Love they neighbor as thyself." Should we do less? At times this seems difficult but I try.

Is there not enough hate in this world? I will not and cannot do and say different things to different people. We are here together and I plan to do as much as humanly possible to further the arts and the humanities so that a better social, educational, successful culture will raise the quality of all peoples lives.
--Carol Channing

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 7:15 PM, Blogger kevin said...

Hi Michael,
I dont know who Carol Channing is but i agree with you that her message seems more positive than negative.

It looks like she's an old girl.

Have a great day,
Kevin in New Zealand.

 
At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT! Isn't this comment the perfect way to restore perspective? You rock, Kevin.

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Joshua said...

Poor lady. I think she means well - and it is positive. I know from personal experience that stroke survivors are no longer the same person. My Grandmother was one of the most enlightened people on the planet. After her stroke - she started making statements like, "The black race came about because a white man slept with a monkey." She believed what she said even though it went against everything I've always known about her. In that sense - my heart goes out to Channing. I think it's best to remember her past support for us; as she is no longer the same person :(

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Dave said...

FREE CAROL CHANNING! FREE CAROL CHANNING!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home