Monday, September 04, 2006

The Sea King

After 9 days of clouds, wind and torrential rain, the last of which was the remnants of Hurricane Ernesto, Labor Day in Asbury Park finally saw beautiful weather and the coronation of the Sea King. I didn't get the background story on this one, only that his real name is Spanky. Whether it was some sort of local promotion by a bar or restaurant or whether he was merely self appointed I don't know. Either way his coronation on the boardwalk, procession on the beach and ascension to his lifeguard throne provided for quite a delightful spectacle on the beach today.

Below are some photos, first of Spanky the Sea King on his lifeguard throne, next the Sea King looks out over some of his subjects and the Atlantic Ocean, next Asbury Park lifeguards genuflect before the Sea King and finally, at his request, drop and give him twenty.




Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Blogger Man On The Street said...

I think I have a new character for a book I need to write... Spanky The Sea King. I HAVE to do this now...

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger spanky said...

Well you could start by talking to me. Hello I am Spanky, Sea King of Asbury Park. E-me anytime you want. spankyboy1@optonline.net Talk to you soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home