Thursday, August 31, 2006

Asbury Homes

If you've read some of my previous posts I'm sure you noticed that I've been spending a lot of time down in Asbury Park, NJ lately. It's only a little over an hour's drive from Manhattan without traffic or a relaxing hour and a half train ride with coastal views along the way through towns like Red Bank and Little Silver.

Unfortunately the weather this week has not exactly been ideal for the beach. This has afforded me the opportunity to spend some time driving around town admiring the beautiful homes that have recently been restored. These houses are a window to Asbury's elegant past. Classic turn-of-the-century, frontporch America once thrived here and happily, is once again returning.

Below are some photos I snapped during a morning drive. I'm sure you can appreciate the beauty of these lovely old homes despite the gray skies. Enjoy.









Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home