Sunday, October 12, 2008

Election Day

Much to my relief, my absentee ballot finally arrived in the mail the other day. I had been a bit concerned because I sent an application in for my absentee ballot over a month ago but must have checked the "primary election" box instead of the "general election" one because I was sent a primary ballot a few weeks ago. I panicked thinking I may have lost my chance to vote in the general election. So, I sent in another application with a nice note explaining that I thought I made an error on my original application, that I was not trying obtain two absentee ballots (that would be voter fraud!) and that I did not want to miss the opportunity to vote in this, the most important election in years. Luckily the workers at the New York City board of elections are probably used to eccentrics like me and sent me the general election ballot without question. Whew! I can't wait to drop it in the mailbox!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Blogger Todd HellsKitchen said...

I wish New York was one of those states that allowed early voting... No doubt the lines at the polls will be huge and the staffers will be just as inept as usual... I'm frustrated just thinking about it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home