A Forgotten Mame...uh, I mean MemeWay, way back before my computer and/or personal drama (having to do with health insurance--ugh!) began, I was tagged for a meme by Gavin of Why, Oh Why. It was the famous Eight Things You Never Knew About Me meme. Here goes:
1. In third grade I had a young, beautiful female teacher who was into a lot of the latest trends. She taught us the Hustle, or rather, the line dance version, The Bus Stop. We then had a dance contest. I won first place. My prize was a 45 of the BeeGees "Night Fever."
2. In high school I was on TV on the Rutgers Bowl, our local version of The College Bowl, a trivia based game show. I was our team captain. We made it to the quarter finals but were beat by Vorhees High School. (Damn them! Damn them to hell!)
3. I don't like shrimp.
4. When I'm depressed I like to listen to the Original Cast Recording of Mame. It always cheers me up: "It's Today," "Open A New Window," "We need a Little Christmas," how could you go wrong?
5. In high school I competed in Forensic Speech and Debate competitions. I won numerous trophies in the category of Humorous Interpretation performing an excerpt from Noel Coward's Present Laughter. What a fag.
6. My first job in New York was as a singing waiter.
7. I hate it when people don't personally sign their Christmas cards. I think pre-printed cards are cold and impersonal.
8. In sixth grade I was the power-hitter on my Little League team. Nevertheless, I still threw like a girl and couldn't catch worth a damn.
So there you have it. I hope you found my answers intimate and revealing. Enjoy!
I'm going to refrain from tagging anyone else with this meme since it's so far after the fact. (Sorry, Gavin!)