Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A Forgotten Mame...uh, I mean Meme

Way, way back before my computer and/or personal drama (having to do with health insurance--ugh!) began, I was tagged for a meme by Gavin of Why, Oh Why. It was the famous Eight Things You Never Knew About Me meme. Here goes:

1. In third grade I had a young, beautiful female teacher who was into a lot of the latest trends. She taught us the Hustle, or rather, the line dance version, The Bus Stop. We then had a dance contest. I won first place. My prize was a 45 of the BeeGees "Night Fever."

2. In high school I was on TV on the Rutgers Bowl, our local version of The College Bowl, a trivia based game show. I was our team captain. We made it to the quarter finals but were beat by Vorhees High School. (Damn them! Damn them to hell!)

3. I don't like shrimp.

4. When I'm depressed I like to listen to the Original Cast Recording of Mame. It always cheers me up: "It's Today," "Open A New Window," "We need a Little Christmas," how could you go wrong?

5. In high school I competed in Forensic Speech and Debate competitions. I won numerous trophies in the category of Humorous Interpretation performing an excerpt from Noel Coward's Present Laughter. What a fag.


6. My first job in New York was as a singing waiter.

7. I hate it when people don't personally sign their Christmas cards. I think pre-printed cards are cold and impersonal.

8. In sixth grade I was the power-hitter on my Little League team. Nevertheless, I still threw like a girl and couldn't catch worth a damn.

So there you have it. I hope you found my answers intimate and revealing. Enjoy!

I'm going to refrain from tagging anyone else with this meme since it's so far after the fact. (Sorry, Gavin!)

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Blogger Gavin said...

No worries...I'm surprised you remembered!

Don't feel so bad as you are in good company. Gay Canuck in the Capital just posted his yesterday. I didn't tag him but he was hit back when this first went around.

Glad you are back in the game. I just posted my own issues about health insurance yesterday.

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Mike said...

My first job in New York was as a singing waiter.

THIS is supposed to surprise us?

I may want my money back. ;)

 
At 3:49 AM, Blogger TCho said...

i was the captain of our trivia team too!

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Diane said...

I didn't know you don't like shrimp. The rest, I pretty much knew. Although you left out the part that your trivia team had decided the default answer would be "Madonna!" To this day, I shout "Who is Madonna?!" during Jeopardy, even if the category is 18th century France...

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger BigAssBelle said...

so cute! though i hate memes, i'm always happy to read others' responses. sweet :-)

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger LSL said...

I love these. It's so fun to learn a little more about people. And listen to all the awards you've won!

And number 7? Me, too!

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Donnie said...

I just did this meme since I was tagged by Maddog. I was behind in responding too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home